Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm a blogger!

Hi All! Its official! I am a blogger! I have started making bags and purses, so I thought I would start a blog to share my bags and share my learning experiences. I don't use a pattern; I just kind of make them up as I go. I like to try new things with the bags. Like sizes, closures, pockets, buttons, zippers, ribbons, and color combinations. It's a trial and error method. I really like making them, and they are getting pretty cute if I do say so myself. I come up with more ideas than I have time to make, but hopefully in time I will be able to make them all.

And with the encouragement of my wonderful family, boyfriend, and friends I have decided to try my hand as an entrepreneur. It's a pretty scary and exciting new chapter in my life. I have fears that no one will like what I make; that the bags aren't go enough, etc..etc... (the list of insecurities are endless...) But with the support of these great people, I have swallowed the giant knot of self doubt and I'm putting my bags out there for the world! I have started a shop on Etsy. My shop's URL is www.fivegreenpenguins.etsy.com . So some of my bags are already on there and I hope to have more on there soon. Here is a little sample of the first ones that I have made. Please leave me comments, and let me know what you think.

A friend at work hired me to make her this bag. She wanted this green color and the long messenger bag strap. But then I was given total freedom to do whatever I wanted to do with it. I think it turned out really cute and she was very happy when she got it. It is a success! :)

Below is another bag that I made and put on Etsy. It was purchased quickly my awesome brother, Jason. He got it for his friend, Jane, as a going away gift. It is a sassy, cute red purse and I hope Jane loves it as much as I do!

Thank you for checking out my blog. Come back soon for new bags and new updates! :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks soooo good, sweetie, I am so proud of you! Good luck, I know you will do well and be successful! LOve you

    ReplyDelete