Saturday, April 24, 2010

Caramel Apple Salad

Mike and I were invited over to our friends Kelly and Brian's house for dinner...and we are bringing dessert. So I googled 100 calorie recipes and found this gem! Caramel Apple Salad. Totally easy to make and the few bites I have had so far it's pretty good too! So here's how you make it:

8 oz tub of Cool Whip Free
1 box sugar free Butter Scotch Pudding mix
14 oz can of Pineapple tidbits (with juice)--I found they didn't have 14 oz cans. I used a 20 oz can and took some out
4 large Red Delicious Apples
4 large Granny Smith Apples

Combine Butter Scotch Pudding mix with the pineapple tidbits with the juice. Mix together well and set aside.

Dice the apples into small pieces and combine with the Butter Scotch Pudding/Pineapple mixture. This is the only annoying part of this dessert.... dicing 8 large apples.... yeah..that takes some time...and makes a whole lot of dessert.

Once you are done dicing, fold in the cool whip topping. Continue to mix until all the apples are covered. Then chill. And you're done!

Super simple dessert and I think it will be a fun summer dessert!

Servings per recipe-16!! yea.. forgot to look at that before I made it... I think we'll be having leftovers!
Calories--90.7 !! yummy healthy dessert!
I will let you know how it goes over at Kelly and Brian's! :)


3 comments:

  1. It was a hit! but there is a lot left over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made it too Wende. But I had to add the calories and add a few chopped up snickers! :D

    That picture is from omaharun.org. I just did control, print screen and pasted the photo onto my "notepad". Then saved it and edited it in my photos.

    ReplyDelete